Sunday, November 30, 2008

In retrospect...

I started out the month tentatively committing to NaBloPoMo, while preparing for KayTar's surgery. 3 days to the big event.

I mourned the day her bottle would be left behind, a day that was then in the future and is now in the past. I love this post.

I discussed hospital preparations and posted my very favorite photo of her belly, pre-tube.

As its last act in office, the unblemished belly reminded everyone to vote.

KayTar had surgery. It was a success. Obama won the election. That was success, too.

She smiled her first post-op smile and I showed off our giant hospital room.

The new belly made its blog debut, and KayTar won her very first Barbie in the hospital craft contest.

A blog reader made KayTar a tutu and brought it to her in the hospital. We got to come home!

I worried that BubTar's GI bug would infect the post-op princess, though, luckily we escaped that fate.

KayTar made the saddest little self-portrait ever.

I did a meme, featuring BubTar.

Josh and I enjoyed our election date-bet. Mmmm, Olive Garden.

KayTar showed off her tube via video post.

I fed her while she was asleep for the first time and the heavens opens and angels sang.

I started to feel like a human being again. A happy one at that.

By the tenth day post-op, KayTar was doing wonderfully.

I rediscovered the joy of my camera.

I posted what is possibly my very favorite photo of BubTar ever.

I was completely perplexed by KayTar's feeding schedule.

I tried to give everyone a peek into what it is like to be a kiddo with a feeding disorder, or a parent of a child with a feeding disorder.

I posted more photos.

I talked a lot about puke. Classic mommyblogging.

Photo.

I missed sharing a bed with my husband. I am still missing sharing a bed with my husband.

I wrote about secret writing.

I dreamed that I gave birth to a baby. It was the kind of dream that packs a punch.

I wrote about studying. KayTar's biopsy site became infected.

I took a photo of the Throne of Blogging.

We had a happy Thanksgiving, in spite of being on ER watch.

I reposted one of my favorite posts.

I discussed not discussing the things I cannot discuss right now.

And today, I finished NaBloPoMo. WHEW!

11 comments:

painted maypole said...

yay! you make it!

that was one heck of a month, in many, many respects.

Julie said...

What a "Journey" this month! (Ugh, bad pun, sorry.)

I enjoyed my daily dose of the Tars!

~aj~ said...

I honestly don't know how you did it. You are Super Woman, Kyla. I hope December gives all of you a much-needed break!

carrie said...

You always amaze me Kyla.

Mimi said...

What a month! Congratulations on a successful NaBloPoMo--I crapped out. Dammit.

Anonymous said...

Wow - what a month! You really are Superwoman! Hope for more peace and calm in the coming month for you and your sweet family.

Jaden Paige said...

It was great to ride along with you this month, which was such an eventful one for your family... You are a truly gifted writer, and I look forward to your posts :)

KC said...

Total props. What a good month to document in its entirety.

moplans said...

woohooo congrats!

Mad said...

Congratulations.

Woman in a Window said...

You did it? How do you do that and and and? Amazing.