Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Nothing much

KayTar is better. Well, KayTar is MOSTLY better. She is not vomiting all the live long day, and she is not refusing to eat or drink, and she is not feverish. She is, however, vomiting once a night. She is having coughing and gagging fits in the night and generally they end in vomit. Sometimes it is right after she falls asleep, sometimes it is at 3am. Its definitely not a crisis, just a bit of a bother. I'll mention it to the pediatrician, but I am giving her the rest of the week off, unless something demanding immediate attention occurs (read as non-stop vomiting and/or an episode). She is so understanding and takes such wonderful care of us, I just want to give her a little break from the constant questions and concerns we have. A little vomit can wait a couple days. Its probably just residual from the illness she's recovering from. By next week, there may be nothing to mention at all.

This is a sorry excuse for a post. I know this. You know this. I can't really help it. I have posts percolating in my mind, they just aren't ready yet. I felt the need to update, because I left the blog on a "I think we're all better, but I'm not really sure." kind of note, and I didn't feel comfortable leaving it like that for too long.

I'm hoping that a little cuteness will make you forget the lame nature of this post.

KayTar learned to say "No!" right before she got sick. When I pulled out the camera in the hospital, this is how she responded:



It also works if you ask yourself "Was this post lame?" and then hit the play button. KayTar will clear up any doubts you might have. :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol, I like it : ) Plus, it's good to have little updates - personally, i find the need to write Good Posts so paralyzing that I hardly ever write, or post something crappy and then write ten things I think might be good but don't have the heart to post any of them... so yeah, this is my way of saying good work : ) -epi

Em said...

LOL! I have plenty of lame posts - check out today's (it beat's yours by a mile!)

Glad things are looking up. I love the "Nyeh"! She's very cute (even when sick).

Beck said...

Ah! Good news! I'm so glad to hear she's better.
She and The Baby can have great, very negative conversations now.

Anonymous said...

So glad to see that I'm not the only person that forgets to turn the camera around before going into movie mode! Really, this makes me feel much better.

So glad to hear that she's at least feeling a bit better, and hoping the vomiting is gone completely soon. So glad, too, that she's mastered the essential word, the master key to communication!

NotSoSage said...

I'm with KayTar.

I'm glad to have an update...I hope that she is feeling better soon!

Karianna said...

My son loved watching the video! He is a huge KayTar fan. :)

WarriorMom said...

I'm glad Kaytar is mostly better.

I'm worried about you, though. Why do you apologize for your post? Is someone criticizing your blog? Is it a rule that you must write on a regular basis or that it must be spectacular writing? I hope not, because I'm not adhering to either of those rules myself. I write when and how I want to write and trying not to worry about what other people think.

Sorry, I just felt compelled to defend you against any and all critics. You can tell me to shut up if you want to.

Run ANC said...

That is the cutest "no!" I have ever heard...

Anonymous said...

So sweet.

Never apologize for blogging about vomiting. We'll take what life bring you.

Anonymous said...

glad to read better news! These things can never sound lame...
Hannah