Thursday, June 05, 2008

We made it..

And she did spectacularly. We even got compliments on her behavior. Of course, she was drugged and slept a good bit of the flight, and the remainder was spent watching cartoons, but it was a smashing success!

Today I met up with a friend for lunch and we saw some of the city. We took KayTar to Toys R Us to ride the ferris wheel. It was a pretty impressive store. KayTar was not a fan of the animatronic dinosaur, though. She keeps saying "I had a bad day and a BIG dinosaur RRRRRRAAAAARRRRRR!" Other than that, it has been really great. Our hotel is right in the middle of Times Square. Tonight I am having coffee with an old friend who lives in town, so that should be nice, too.

Tomorrow is the big shoot! It should be quite the experience. They dropped off a little swag bag for me tonight. Faaaancy.

My laptop is not cooperating with photo downloading right now, but there are plenty of photos coming. Hopefully I'll be able to upload them soon.

[insert adorable photo of KayTar here]

20 comments:

Christine said...

So happy the first leg of your trip went well...even if it involved a terrible dinosaur. ;)

Can't wait for pictures! Break a leg tomorrow at your shoot!

Betsy, short for Elizabeth, formally known as Esther said...

Wonderful! So glad you made it and she did so well! Enjoy your "vacation!"

Good luck tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Hurray! I'm so glad!

I'm looking forward to the photos.

Janet said...

I had a feeling that she would shine through for you. This issue is so important.

Have fun!

flutter said...

thinking about you, babe.

Kristin said...

Woooo hoo... I didn't know about the fancy TRU there. Too cool.

Good luck tomorrow! Thanks for sneaking online to tell us about it.

Girlplustwo said...

oh. my. got.

i'm DYING to know every little thing, girl.

Anonymous said...

listen to kaytar, recounting her day--that's so exciting (even if she was scared of the dinosaur, poor thing)!

painted maypole said...

hooray! and swag? what kind of swag?

oh, how I love NYC. enjoy!

jo(e) said...

Oh, have a wonderful time!

Bon said...

my god, Cinderella, i'm loving this whole story! so glad the flight went well, and i hope the shoot was fabulous. enjoy. :)

Unknown said...

waving hello from Connecticut! Enjoy the city, send updates!!!

Sarcasta-Mom said...

I still can't believe this is happening for you! I'm just so excited to hear all about the shoot.

motherbumper said...

This is so awesome - gahhhhh! I can't wait for the pics and I hope today goes well. xoxo

Beck said...

Have FUN, you two girls in the big city!

Becca said...

What a relief! Of course with all your preparations and resourcefulness I knew everything would work out fine. Have a great trip!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you! I can't wait to see the pics and hear the details!

Don Mills Diva said...

I'm so glad everything's going well - can't wait to hear more details and see some photos...

Woman in a Window said...

I'm so glad (relieved) all is well. Enjoy that cup of coffee!

carrie said...

Woo-hoo. Looking forward to hearing the rest of the story!

Have fun! :)