Sunday, June 15, 2008

KayTar's Butterflies: A little PSA

You might have noticed these adorable little bows that KayTar is always wearing.







I've gotten a few bloggy comments about them and tons of comments about them in day to day life. They are pretty adorable, right? They are also the ONLY bows that KayTar will keep in her hair...her wittle butterflies. Once she got her glasses, we had to figure something out because her hair was constantly in her eyes! I ordered these, hoping she would go for having beautiful butterflies (or a ladybug) in her hair and it totally worked. Just in case any of you are in the market for adorable little bows for your wee ones, I thought I'd point you in the right direction. We got them at Quinn's Bowtique. The owner is a friend of mine and she does spectacular work. They stay in great and even hold KayTar's thick hair. The prices are extremely reasonable, too. She does all kinds of specialty bows and custom orders, not only the butterflies, but because KayTar is especially fond of having butterflies in her hair, we sort of stick with that one. One of the butterflies even got to be in our big photo shoot!

16 comments:

Mad said...

The ladybug one is to die for. Miss M is currently going through a nothing touches my head phase. Sigh.

Amy Y said...

The ladybug is my favorite ~ if I had a daughter I'd totally buy some!!

Vicky said...

Only having two raggy-haired boys (the elder one is growing his hair this year in anticipation of having to get a crew cut for JHS next year... Younger one is copying, sigh!)
I can tell you that I am mightily jealous of all the cute hair decorations and pretty dresses that Kaytar wears.

Both your kids always look very well turned out and stylish, yet cute and kidlike too (nothing worse than three foot high adult sexy styles - yuk!)

My kids tend to the scruffy unfortunately (rather like their mother...)

natalie said...

I will definitely be ordering some as soon as I get home. M has decided she needs two "pon-yee-tails" every day, which includes hair bows in front of the ponytail holders. Thanks!

kittenpie said...

Am TOTALLY going to check those out tonight! And may I say what lovely honey-coloured hair miss Kay has?

Beck said...

I WANT some of those for The BabY!

crazymumma said...

They only enhance how pretty she is. I love LOVE LOVE bows in little girls hair. And of course, my girls won't have a damn thing to do with them.

Aliki2006 said...

I love the ladybug one, too. T. won't keep ANYTHING in her hair, though, and we have tons of cute bows, etc.

Cristina said...

This is one of those times I wish I had a girl. Those clips are adorable!

Adrina said...

Thanks for the PSA Kyla, you're the best!!!!!

moplans said...

oh I must have the ladybug. Katie is going to love it!

Anonymous said...

You know, I've been loving those bows. I hope your friend gets a few new orders because they are adorable. Of course the model might have something to do with that!

Lisa said...

Um, I second the fact that Adrina's bows are to die for! We have a bunch ourselves! No butterflies, yet, so we must order those soon! Or at least when Ruby gets more hair. LOL

Janet said...

She rocks the wittle butterflies.

painted maypole said...

thanks for the info. and the lady bug is SO cute!

~aj~ said...

Cutest little bows I've ever seen...love them!