Sunday, January 27, 2008

My Best Shot Mission Monday

My Best Shot Monday:



****

And for Mission Monday (writing in the style of a children's book) I thought I would repost this one from last year. Most of my readers were not around then so it is almost like new. I was pleased to see that the people who originally commented on the post are still around, for the most part, so you all will just have to suffer through it again. And if you want a more updated version, just substitute "toddler" for "baby" and "Kinder" for "PreK". Everything else is still factual. ;)

If you...

If you don't sleep all night, the baby will wake prematurely.

If the baby wakes prematurely, you will have to have two cups of coffee.

If you have two cups of coffee, the baby will fall asleep as soon as it hits your blood stream.

If the baby falls asleep when it hits your bloodstream, it will be time to pick your son up from PreK.

If it is time to pick up your son up from PreK, your mom will come over to watch the baby.

If your mom comes over to watch the baby, she will clean the dishes for your husband.

If she cleans dishes for your husband, you will pick her up lunch on your way home to say thank you.

If you pick up her up lunch on the way home to say thank you, she will have already eaten.

If she has already eaten, she will take the food with her and go home.

If she takes the food with her and goes home, the phone will ring.

If the phone rings, it will be the speech therapist.

If it is the speech therapist, she will ask to come early.

If she comes early, your son will be unable to control himself.

If your son is unable to control himself, you will ask him to lie in bed quietly.

If you ask him to lie in bed quietly, he will cry and cry.

If you hear him cry and cry, you will make him laugh with silliness and fetch his favorite book for him.

If you make him laugh with silliness and fetch his favorite book for him, he will snuggle in happily.

If he snuggles in happily, he will become quiet as a mouse.

If he becomes quiet as a mouse, you will check on him after therapy.

If you check on him after therapy, he will be sound asleep.

If he is sound asleep, you will want to take a nap.

If you want to take a nap, the baby will be wide awake.

If the baby is awake, you will drink 2 cups of coffee.

And repeat.

20 comments:

Chaotic Joy said...

Very Cute Kyla! And eerily similar to many of my days...not so much in details but in the theme!

Just wanted to let you know I am praying for you and for Kaytar's eating situation. Thats all. Just praying.

Unknown said...

perfect! I have had versions of this day for 8 1/2 years.

Maya said...

Cute photo! And the this all sounds too familiar!

motherbumper said...

"If you have two cups of coffee, the baby will fall asleep as soon as it hits your blood stream." - rinse, lather, and repeat - all too familiar but so much better sounding when it comes from you :)

Oh and how is it possible that Kaytar gets more beautiful each time I see her? HOW? Oh right, because she's just like mommy.

Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

cute photo and thanks for sharing "if you..." so very true.

Julie Pippert said...

Oh so true...oh so cutely done. :)

Liv said...

this sounds a lot like my life. particularly the therapy bits. oof.

emily said...

A lot of my days resemble that lately! Cute picture.

painted maypole said...

ha ha ha ha ha

thanks for playing along (repeats welcome... the best children's books are read again and again, after all)

Family Adventure said...

I like it. And I recognize it, even though my kids are much older.

Heidi

crazymumma said...

why do i feel like a hamster all of a sudden?

Mimi said...

Oh yeah, I think I know that routine :-)

Aliki2006 said...

Thanks for putting this one up again--it was my first time seeing it and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Kristin said...

Oh that is fun, I wasn't a regular a year ago. I did go back and read some stuff, but that wasn't one, I don't think. Very cute and I really love that picture of KayTar...I like the compostion a lot. Tres artistic. :)

S said...

That's a terrific post, Kyla!

(And the photo is lovely.)

PJ said...

Fun!! Loved it. And love the photo.

Maggie said...

Great shot - look at those gorgeous eyes!

flutter said...

she is so beautiful

Lindy said...

Adorable shot - those eyes are something else! : )

Unknown said...

oh yeah, very familiar! great shot. :)