Thursday, January 31, 2008

Here we go

Off to the Big Evaluation. I am so nervous. But hey, it is taking my mind off the food situation, so that's a plus, right?

Speaking of the food (oh God, here I go) yesterday she ate 3 shoestring potato bits and I am okay with it. No really, I sort of am. I just took a deep breath and let it go. 3 Pediasures, 1 milk, 3 teeny shoestring potatoes, and I, mostly did not care. So it was a good day, except for when I nearly panicked while grocery shopping. My thoughts looked something like this:

Oh! I'll buy [all this crap] and maybe she will eat!

Kyla, she WON'T eat and you're just going to be wasting money.

But what if she WILL eat, but I buy the wrong things and now she WON'T eat?

Kyla, don't do this.

[insert chest tightening up here] And then I put extra Pediasure in the cart decided to go stare at the dairy case, because she's never eaten cheese (unless you count that powdered parmesan, which I don't count as cheese) and therefore it is a neutral grocery store section. Deep breathing while counting cheese varieties can be very soothing, evidently. In case you're wondering, yeah, I'm aware this is making me a great big sized ball-o-crazy.

Anyway, back to today's obsession, the Eval. Wish us luck! I just hope they get to see KayTar in all her glorious KayTarosity. The whole package, so they can see her strengths and weaknesses and help us get her the perfect placement. She is thrilled because we are "Goin-a Kinnygarten cwassroom aday. Havin-a chairs! Mommy chair, Daddy chair, bwudda chair, baby chair! Family chairs! Oh my bueful family chairs!" Funny what kids get excited about.

Oh! She relayed a story yesterday! I left her with my mom for a bit to run an errand involving looooots of car time and when I got back she was in different pants. Our conversation went like this:

Me: KayTar, where are your pants?

KayTar: [touches her pants] Aigh hee-yah!

Me: Where are your brown pants?

KayTar: E's pants?!

Me: I know, those are E's pants, where are KayTar's BROWN pants?

KayTar: [looks in a circle, grabs her crotch for a second, then prolonged grunt of an audible pause] Pants! Ewwwww stinky! [holds out her hand, like my mom did when she changed her diaper presumably]

Me: Oh! You had a bad poop?

KayTar: Ewww stinky bad poop. E's WHITE pants.

And although I had to goad it out of her and infer certain things, and although she used mimcry (what my mom said/did) to tell me. She told me what happened to her pants! I was kind of thrilled, not only did I miss out on an "eww stinky bad poop" I got to hear about it from KayTar. A total win-win.

Alright, enough rambling. I must go get ready for the Big Eval. Wish us luck!

15 comments:

Family Adventure said...

Good luck! Can't wait to hear...

Heidi

Mad said...

Good luck, Sweethearts.

Becca said...

Yay for missing out on bad poops! And good luck today! I'll be thinking about you guys.

InTheFastLane said...

I hope they get the big picture at the eval. I am glad that at least cheese is un-stressful for you :)

moplans said...

Kyla I can just feel your anxiety when I read about the grocery store. I'm sorry. I know that pressure of feeling if you did just one more thing that it might make the difference. You know you are doing all the right things and then some, I just wish you could feel that you are.

Good luck on the big eval!
My kid totally showed off for the vision woman yesterday and now is cutoff from that therapy little $#@$. The nice woman did say she would come back if things go off track again though after I explained I had NEVER seen my kid do what she did for her.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear your take on everything, good luck!

Aliki2006 said...

*Good luck* with the eval!!!

I h ad to smile wryly at your grocery shopping experience. My husband and I were just lamenting last night how our grocery budget is just so *high* each month and how this can be the case given that one family member really hardly eats! And it's because we spend a ridiculous amount of money each week of "hopeful" purchases--foods I want to try or am hopeful L. will try.

Julie Pippert said...

Thinking of you.

And oh the pressure to make THE RIGHT CHOICE even just at the grocery store.

(HUGS)

Don Mills Diva said...

Good luck Kyla~

Bea said...

Waiting on tenterhooks for the report...

Liv said...

Oh, best wishes to you all. Sending you lots of good energy and hugs.

Julie said...

It's always a good day when someone else cleans up the stinky bad poop!

~aj~ said...

Thinking of you guys today!

ewe are here said...

Good luck with the evaluation... I really hope it goes well.

dawn224 said...

story AND gestures! :)