Monday, December 05, 2011

Things to Remember.



We decorated our tree last Sunday and I'm just now posting a couple of photos. Sheesh. I haven't really been on the ball lately, I'm pretty sure I still have a bunch of October and November photos I never got around to posting, so I'm putting that on my to do list!

While I'm bringing up things I'd like to do...I want to make sure more of the hilarious things KayTar says and does end up here, not just dumped onto Facebook (because they get really hard to locate after a week or so!). I've often enjoyed going back through my archives and reading about her former self (and BubTar's, like the time he jumped at kid in thep pick-up line for claiming to be Sharkboy without appropriately spikey hair...nowadays he scoffs at Sharkboy, because he grew up to be that shirtless werewolf kid in the Twilight movies) and I think a lot of her little stories are slipping through the cracks. I need to be better about that. For instance, this weekend we were watching Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban together and I mentioned that Sirius had been framed, which led to a conversation about what framing means in that context...being set up so it looks like you committed a crime that you did not actually commit. A few moments later, she tooted and said, "Excuse me! THAT was a crime I DID commit!" These are the little gems I don't want to forget!

This morning, when I snuck into KayTar's bedroom to give her her 5am dose of Nexium in her sleep as I do every morning, she sat up in bed, still mostly asleep, reached for me, gave me a big hug and kiss, and whispered, "I love you, Mom." and snuggled back down in bed. I don't want to forget these moments either! Later this morning when she was actually awake, I asked her if she remembered it and she said, "Yes, I remember. I was still asleep, but I just really wanted to do that, so I did." My sweet little sugar lump!



On a side note: KayTar seems to be doing well at the moment. I hate to even mention it, but she hasn't had stomach pain recently. Maybe the combination of Nexium twice a day, Augmentin four times a day, Miralax twice a day, and Culturelle twice a day is finally balancing out whatever wonkiness has been plaguing her. Regardless of why, I'm just happy she isn't having frequent pain right now. (KNOCK ON WOOD!!) I tried to increase the rate on her feeds a bit this weekend, but it didn't work out. She didn't know I had changed anything and she asked me to stop her feed early for the first time in a long time...so we just went back to her new-normal rate. Sooo, things aren't exactly getting BETTER, but we are maintaining currently...so I consider it a win!

5 comments:

jo(e) said...

I *love* that last photo.

alejna said...

Maintaining is good news. I'll keep fingers crossed that maintaining maintains.

I'm glad you're keeping this space for the memories. I agree that FB does not work as well for saving things. (It's great for the instant feedback, but then the gems get buried!)

InTheFastLane said...

I think that I used to use my blog for remembering these things, and then facebook and twitter too away from that. It is worth putting them on the blog to save them.

And your kids are such cuties!

Shellye said...

I LOVE your pictures and those precious stories about KayTar and BubTar. They really make my day...

Anonymous said...

Hmm,I think I have some Culturelle left over from our go with it and Jude last spring. I'll have to see if I do and send it your way. It makes me happy to see Kaytar so happy =)