Sunday, October 08, 2006

Successful Sunday

Today has been productive! Amazing! I can't remember the last day I felt productive. I scrubbed the bathroom, I've done several loads of laundry, and this is the best part- I went on a bicycle ride. That's right. I got off my lazy duff and exercised! Isn't that shocking? I was shocked.

It was wonderful. I don't know what possessed me. Maybe it was the fall weather (ha! not where we live). Maybe it was my sad bicycle sitting alone in the garage. Maybe I was that bored. Whatever the reason, I did it. And I enjoyed it. My legs burned, my lungs burned, my brain screamed "Get back to the couch! What are you doing to me?" but as time passed I thought less and less about anything except pumping the pedals and feeling the wind in my hair. Those thirty minutes are the longest time I've kept myself from worrying about KayTar in months. It was just me and my bicycle.

I got home, turned the fan on high, collapsed on the floor in my bedroom and felt like I was going to pass out. I laid there for 20 minutes with nothing at all in my brain. It was wonderful. Then I hopped into the shower. By the time I was out of the shower and dressed again, Josh was almost done cooking dinner for us. I should do this more often.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Aw, that sounds really nice! I HATE to ride bikes, but you inspired me. Maybe I'll have to re-try that again sometime.