Monday, December 15, 2008

10 Small Miracles

1. The kids will not lose insurance coverage until January 31st at the earliest. (if Josh's boss is agreeable, or if I can find a job with good benefits in that time frame, they won't lose it at all.)

2. An angel sent me a gift in the mail this weekend that made a lot of things possible for our Christmas that would not otherwise be so. It was one of those moments that knocks you flat on the floor by how thoughtful and kind people can be and makes you believe in Santa all over again.

3. My husband slept in my bed last night. Oh, yes he did. Unfortunately, all we did was sleep due to the number of cold and decongestant medications we had ingested for our shared head cold.

4. My semester is over. I survived what was definitely my most challenging semester academically and personally thus far.

5. IT SNOWED LAST WEEK! REAL SNOW! (seems impossible, as I wore a tank top yesterday)

6. I made an A on my Microbiology final. (that is an A+ to you Canadians with your crazy grading scale) I haven't gotten my other grade yet.

7. KayTar got sick last week and it was a totally NORMAL kid illness. The first night was rough, but she only missed 1 day of school and it never escalated!

8. The granulation tissue is shrinking! (Josh calls it "The Dude" because he is terrible with medical terminology. He kept making up fancy words when he would ask about it, so finally he just went with "The Dude" as in, "How is The Dude looking today?")

9. KayTar ate CHEESE! She snuck into the fridge and snitched some shredded Italian cheese. She has never, ever eaten cheese. She told me, "I ate cheese! It was delicious!" I called Josh to tell him and KayTar overheard me talking about it and gave me this spastic wink and a big thumbs up. Adorable.

10. Josh and I went on a DATE this weekend. A date!

31 comments:

Chaotic Joy said...

Oh Kyla. This post just might be enough to kick me out of my anti-Christmas funk today. I am so happy for all your good news. Really, really happy. And yay for your Angel. How wonderful.

Magpie said...

Cheese is the best!

That was a good week you had.

metro mama said...

If anyone deserves some good things to happen, it's you.

Good news on the insurance! Congrats on the end of the semester, and the A+. Why doesn't that surprise me?

Happy holidays. xo

Chrissy said...

Wow. I love good news. I'm glad you have good things happening. You deserve it.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous news all around! You so deserve it.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a kick ass week if you ask me! :)
I hope it keeps going this well!
WOOT! WOOT!

Anonymous said...

Can you send me some of that cheese-eating over this way?

Bon said...

cheese is fabulous, as are gifts from the angels.

however, i read your tweet and i hear you on the illness. i thought O's cold had escaped the whole asthma progression this time 'round...but nope. my bet is ER tomorrow. yay!

InTheFastLane said...

A date AND sleeping in the same bed??? Watch out!

Becca said...

What a happy post!! Yay!! Merry Christmas Journey family. You guys deserve it.

Run ANC said...

It sounds like things are looking up! I'm so glad.

Cheese IS good.

Katie said...

Those are some kind of wonderful Christmas miracles my friend-amazing!

ENJOY!

Janet said...

Ah, the oft-overlooked Miracle of Cheese. ;)

Congratulations on your A+, smart girl. I'm glad to hear of the insurance respite. I fervently hope it all works out in the end.

Jaden Paige said...

That is all so exciting hun! I just knew things would turn around for you all...

Hooray for Christmas miracles. And cheese :)

~aj~ said...

I'd beg to differ about these being SMALL miracles (well except for you and your good grades, you smarty). What wonderful miracles and what PERFECT timing!

So happy for you guys! :)

Gretchen said...

You've had a WONDERFUL week! GREAT@

moplans said...

a date!
she ate cheese!
she snuck to the fridge to steal food!

amazing!

Mimi said...

What a list! Hooray! And wow, Kyla, that's an honest to god snow accumulation. You really ARE part Canadian!

Sheila @ Dr Cason.org said...

Can I tell you how much I adore your family??? Yes? Okay- I adore your family!!

What will your degree be in again??

Amy Y said...

This was music to my heart.

carrie said...

I love miracles!

alejna said...

I'm so glad that good things are coming your way. All hail the power of cheese.

Liana said...

Yay for small miracles! My favorite is definitely KayTar sneaking the cheese and loving it! Girl has her priorities straight when it comes to food-snitching ;) It is really is wonderful!
KayTar, I hope this is only the beginning of a long and happy relationship with cheese (and maybe other foods eventually, too!).

Amanda said...

Happy, so happy.

flutter said...

snow AND a date? that is quite the week!

kittenpie said...

Oh, thank goodness for the good things - so deserved! And glad to hear about the tissue and the respie on the insurance, though it still blows my mind that you should have to worry about that. And a date? What the heezie is that?

Ben and Bennie said...

This is just awesome stuff! Particularly the insurance news. Seriously. I know the hell you've been walking through. You are truly one of my heroes.

Anonymous said...

Go Kaytar! That's fantastic! And all of the rest is too, especially the angel...gives me hope when I read things like that.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Woman in a Window said...

loads to be happy about!

And the cheese! Holy crap, the cheese!

Anonymous said...

I've read on other blogs that Kinkos has really good health insurance.

Heather Ann
the.grumpy.mama@hotmail.com