One of my marvelous BlogHer roomies, Assertagirl, tagged me for the 6 Random Things meme, which is perfect timing really, because I'm preoccupied with a whole list of things and this gives me the ideal alternative to writing about all of it!
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
5. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
6. Let your tagger know when your entry is up.
1. When I was very young, my imaginary friend was Humpty Dumpty. He lived in my bathroom with his family; Mother, Father, and Sister Egg. For my fourth birthday, my mom hand sewed me a Humpty Dumpty, and I remember sadly going to the bathroom and telling Humpty that we couldn't be friends anymore because my mother had given me another Humpty Dumpty that I was supposed to play with instead.
2. When I was in first grade I had the following dream and I have never forgotten it. It was Thanksgiving and I had to go in my parents' bedroom to get something. When I came into the room, a man with a gun stood up from where he had been crouching behind the bed and came towards me. I turned to run, but these white hands grew from the door frame and held me fast as the man with he gun got closer and closer, until finally...I woke up. I think it is the only dream I've had that I have remembered long term.
3. I've told this one before, but in case you didn't know, I met Josh online when we were 13. 13! And we got married when I was 17. 17!
4. I was born in Alaska and somewhere on the North Slope there is a beach named after me, "Kyla Beach". My dad had the opportunity to name it and I have photos of the sign and the beach! Of course, no one is sunbathing or swimming on the North Slope, but still. It's random.
5. I love Guitar Hero. LOVE IT. I've beaten Guitar Hero II on medium with 5 stars across the board, and we just got Guitar Hero III a couple weeks ago. Then the XBOX broke and we had to mail it in for repairs. I've got the SHAKES from withdrawal. It is such an excellent stress reducer that I was really missing it while preparing for finals. It is the only video game I play and I totally whip Josh at it.
6. I failed speech my second semester of college, which I find amusing in relation to last week's events. It was the end of the semester, I had just had knee surgery and therefore missed finals. All I had to do was video my last speech and turn it in and I didn't do it. I was 3 weeks away from getting married and healing from surgery and my speech assignment wasn't high on the priority list, unfortunately.
Now for the tagging...
Kristin, my other roomie Mimi, Heather if she can pull herself away from the craziness of her big move, AJ, Dawn, and Flutter.
And a bonus random thing...yesterday in the car, BubTar was playing with my camera and shooting little videos and he happened to catch that rolling thing KayTar's eyes do. The video ends before it resolves itself, but it is the best clip of it we've ever gotten. And it was such a fluke! I'm posting it mostly for record keeping and so I can access it easily (OneTrueMedia always cuts off a couple seconds at the end and it drives me crazy for things like this), but if you have input you'd like to share, I'm all ears!
Friday we are "stimulating the economy" by taking KayTar to the ophthalmologist because of a totally different eye issue, because we can't just have ONE thing, of course. Her left eye was noted to be drifting inward a couple months ago, but it has progressed so that at times she is fully crossing them when trying to focus on objects that are near to her. We are concerned she needs glasses, but I'll also be able to ask about this while we are there, and thanks to BubTar, I'll even have a video to show!