Thursday, February 07, 2008

Pure Joy [photo heavy]

The joy of a fresh haircut:



The joy of jumping:



Have you seen BubTar?

Can someone tell me when my boy became all leggy and lanky? I almost cried when he put on his shorts yesterday! He's shot up at least two inches just since winter began.




The joy of drawing:



The joy of eating:








The joy of funny faces:





And I had the joy of my very first migraine yesterday! Let me tell you, auras are a LEETLE freaky. I thought I was going blind in some flashy, holographic way. WEIRD. But it wasn't so bad, once the freakiness passed. I had crazy light sensitivity, but no other real pain. I suppose it would have been much more painful if the sun was still out, though. Josh was WAY jealous, his hurt like his brain is bleeding or something. He actually called me a lucky duck, but I wouldn't really call any migraine "lucky", although I did get to listen to my iPod in the dark while he fed, bathed, jammied, and tucked in both kiddos, and I had my food, drink, and other whims delivered to me in bed, so THAT part was a little lucky. Maybe even joyful. ;)

What are you and yours joyful about today?

20 comments:

Christine said...

my favorite pics: bubtars stocking feet and kaytar's messy face.

and migraine SUCK! i haven't had one in about 10 years, but i can still vividly recall the horror. hope you don't get another one EVER!
Running on empty

moplans said...

I am happy for you because you don't have any snow and are not freezing your butt off like we are.
I'm happy for us though too because snow sure is pretty.
That camera sure does take nice photos.

Aliki2006 said...

I love the pictures and I LOVE the happiness in your voice lately! Sorry about the migraine...yuck.

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

Those pictures made me smile so damn big.

Also, I had a migraine this week too. My second one ever! What's up with that?

Becca said...

Yay for haircuts and trampolines and EATING! Bring on the Oreos! Sorry about the migrane. Being taken care of is nice though.

Anonymous said...

I love Butar's blue eyes and Kaytar's blonde curls! Such sweethearts you've got there. Joy for me lately is just being healthy and feeling well enough to leave the house and get back to life as it was before the illness!

ewe are here said...

She's eating a little something! Hooray!

Definitely joy, there.

And I love how proud they get after a haircut... :-)

InTheFastLane said...

Shorts?! Sooo lucky :)

I love seeing KayTar eating and BubTar so happy.

Sorry about the Migraine. I started getting those last year and at first the auras totally freaked me out. I almost had a panic attack because I didn't know what was going on.

Liv said...

we are joyful for having each other and warm house to come home to.

carrie said...

Nooooo. . . I wish you didn't have to join the migraine club. I'm so sorry.

Those pictures are awesome . . . and so are your kiddos!

Run ANC said...

The joy of finally eating! How wonderful.

I'm thankful for parental help today.

Beck said...

All right! We're in the migraine club together! Let's celebrate by being VERY QUIET.
Your kids are beautiful. But you already know that.

Family Adventure said...

Kyla, I am just so happy to be seeing these pictures. BubTar is adorable with his missing tooth..and KayTar and the Oreo! Wow!

THANK YOU for sharing the joy!

Heidi

Gretchen said...

I don't think you can technically call it winter when you are OUTSIDE IN SHORTS! jk.

I'm joyful for your beautiful weather, that spring will be here in MI soon, that my kids seem to be getting over their colds.

I've had those aura things myself. Weird.

Janet said...

Not much joy around here today, just teething and deadlines and a river of snot.

I'm about to bake muffins. Perhaps that will usher in some joy.

Ben and Bennie said...

OMG, no pain? Just the aura? You are one fortunate gal!!! Migraines suck. BIG TIME! I'm usually toast for about three days.

For the record I love your "joy"!

flutter said...

EATING!!!!!!

omg!

YAY!!!

PJ said...

The pictures are wonderful....and I'm envious that you could be outside today. (We are covered in two feet of snow!)

I'm thankful I haven't had a migraine in over a week!!!

~aj~ said...

Wish you never had to join the migraine club. It's a no-good organization, let me tell you!

The photos are great though...especially KayTar chowing down on some cookies!

Chaotic Joy said...

I particularly love Bubtar's jumping pictures. So cool.