Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Good news!

Last night I talked to the neurologist's nurse who told me that KayTar's MRI was improved relative to her prior scans. I couldn't ask her for more information because she was just quoting the doctor and did not actually have the report in front of her. So I sent an email to the pediatrician asking her to look at the full report for me and tell me exactly what "improved relative to prior scans" means. She called me today, because the report was so impressive she wanted to read it to me! Basically, it was an almost totally normal brain scan. The report said that there was "near complete resolution of the lesions". As in...almost completely gone! It was shocking and wonderful news and I could hear the pediatrician smiling through the phone! We don't know why her scan improved so much or what that means...we just know that it DID improve, a lot. KayTar is still KayTar and she still has a confusing and complicated medical picture, but it is SO good to know, from the black and white of a radiologist's report, that something big has gotten better.

8 comments:

Christina said...

That is truly fantastic! Amazing how kids seem to just grow out of some of these things. My friend's daughter literally couldn't eat anything with protein in it until she was 7 or 8. Even now she still has dietary restrictions but they are slowly dropping away as she gets older. Here's hoping for continued progress!

Becca said...

Hurray!! What fabulous news!!! So excited for you all.

chrissy said...

OH, I so love good news! That is so exciting!!!

alejna said...

That is fantastic! Yay!

She really is a remarkable girl, in so many ways.

Anonymous said...

How great! Now, protect that nearly-normal brain with proper use of a bike helmet. Not pushed back on the head like a sun bonnet, but straight across the lower forehead, so that in a face-first fall (the most typical fall, given our reflex to turn in the direction of motion), the helmet hits the sidewalk before her face does. Think of the helmet as a bumper for the frontal lobes! (There as lots of good websites about bike helmet position.)

Corinn said...

...I think I'm going to cry, for the best reason possible. :-)

So happy for her, and all of you!

Julie said...

Awesome news!

Anonymous said...

Excellent Working Dear Friend Nice Information Share all over the world.God Bless You..
olympic station cycles
bicycle shops near london olympic