Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A Little Off the Top

BubTar got his hair cut for summer yesterday. He was getting so frustrated with his long hair getting in his eyes during swim team that we decided to shave most of it off. As soon as she shaved off the bulk of the length, I thought, "Oh my goodness, there's my baby!" He looked so like his baby/toddler self without all that hair, I may have even gasped aloud when he looked over at me to give me a thunbs up, his seal of approval. After he was done, he stood up and unfolded himself from underneath the barber's cape, I was shocked to see how tall and mature he is. Every time I've looked at him since, I've had the same experience. "Oh my baby! Oh my big kid!" I'll adjust to his new look soon, but for now each and every time I see him, I see both the past and present etched on his face simultaneously, my baby who is now such a big kid.



I started the blog the month this photo was taken, I can't believe he's grown so much in that time!


12 comments:

Bon said...

he has such a great face...so expressive.

and 'the present and the past etched simultaneously' - i loved that. and i get it. and those moments for me when i can see with those eyes are golden.

S said...

aww... he is a sweetheart through and through.

Amy Urquhart said...

What a little cutie! Gonna be a heartbreaker...

~aj~ said...

Isn't he just the cutest thing?!

He looks great with the new 'do!

alejna said...

I see what you mean!

He sure is a handsome boy.

flutter said...

he is a total doll

AJsMom said...

You guys make adorable kids!

InTheFastLane said...

Haircuts sometimes hurt my heart.

Aliki2006 said...

I so see what you mean! What a lovely face...with or without all the hair!

tierd said...

Awwww, adorable! He really is a doll!

Anonymous said...

He is extremely handsome! What's up with your kids, they have the most beautiful eyes! Glad to get caught up here and loved the post about the ER. I can't wait to read more about your experiences, what a great fit this is going to be Kyla :-)

sheree said...

that BubTar sure is handsome!