Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Songs and Memories

Everyone has songs that they can't hear without immediately thinking of a specific person, place, or time in their life, for whatever reason. These are a few mine...

Somewhere Over The Rainbow (Judy Garland) and Mr. Sandman (The Chordettes) both remind me of my mother.

The River of Dreams (Billy Joel) reminds me of my dad.

Bulls on Parade (Rage Against the Machine) reminds me of my sister.

Zero (Smashing Pumpkins) reminds me of Josh.

Your Song (Elton John) reminds me of BubTar.

Hey There Delilah (Plain White T's) reminds me of KayTar.

There are a million more that remind me of these people or others, and even more still that remind me of a certain place or an important day or a certain summer or a specific year of my life, but these are the ones that are probably ingrained the deepest. What about you?

5 comments:

ms blue said...

My parents used to put on the radio while I fell asleep each night. "Mr Sandman" used to be played every night on the station so it reminds me of going to sleep as a child. Probably why I'm still such a romantic today.

Music evokes distinct memories but I find it harder to pick a song to represent the important people in my life. Very cool that you do this!

Christine said...

hank williams lovesick blues--my daddy

what a wonderful world--my mom

rolling stones can't always get what you want--my girl

Christine said...

oh--son of a preacher man by Buffalo Springfield-- my husband (his dad is a minister! ;-)

natalie said...

What a brilliant idea!! I love it! I don't think of songs related to specific people, more like events or places.

I'm going to have to look up specific titles and reply again in a while. This is such a fun post!

carrie said...

Anything Crosby, Stills, Nash (and sometimes Young) reminds me of my mama. Always has, always will.

And Journey reminds me of my husband - and I almost choked during the Journey montage on Glee this week...good thing I could take that show or leave it!

:)