Monday, March 12, 2007

What I did this weekend...

I started an 80's themed jazzercise class for preschoolers:


I somehow got KayTar to allow me to put a bow in her hair and smile for the camera:


I met these folks:


It was a lot of fun. Everyone who came just sat around and chatted and had drinks. They are indeed real people for those of you that asked, and they are very nice and quite funny, as well. I'm calling it personal growth, because I'm not one to throw myself into these types of situations. The kind where EVERYONE in the room is a stranger? I have a tendency to run from them screaming, and if I can't get out of going, I usually am super shy and reserved. Not so much this time. And it was fun. Plus, this is the longest I have been away from KayTar in about 8 months and nobody died, so it was reassuring in that regard as well. Yay for nobody dying!





I have a few more photos, but you know, its rude to post pictures of other people picking their noses and whatnot without permission...so those will have to wait. Heh.

The boys camped out back on Saturday night, so I had the house to myself. Niiiiiiice.


Then last night a friend and I went out to dinner. Without kids. Two kid-free outings in one weekend. And it was goooooood.

Today is the first day of Spring Break for BubTar, so I consider the away time psychological preparation for the endless chatter and questions the next 5 days will provide me with. And it has already begun. Oh yes, it has.

Now please, forget that you've ever seen a picture of me. *lol* It is visual proof that I really am an infant. :)

10 comments:

NotSoSage said...

Ooh, can I join your class?

Sounds like you had a great weekend! And you look so cute in those photos! For some reason, I thought your hair was curly. I'm not sure why.

Good luck with Spring Break!

Mad said...

Ooooo, aren't you cute? I see now where KayTar gets her looks.

That jazzercize idea is brilliant. I need to try that with Miss M. She'd be a sucker for it.

Glad you had fun.

Karianna said...

OMG. I totally wanted to go to SXSW because I love Sweetney and Amalah. Had I known you would be there, that probably would have put me over the edge.

But, I'll be at BlogHer in Chicago: Hope you come!

Anonymous said...

You are adorable!

Em said...

You are simply too cute!

Anonymous said...

What a great class. And a lovely weekend, of course.

Just like notsosage, I wish to join your class.

:-)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had some time away.

You are beautiful!

Undercover Angel said...

Sounds like you had a busy weekend! Have a great spring break!

Jennifer Kim said...

hi Kyla! thanks for the comment. your kids are adorable and I totally want to sign up for your 80s jazzercise class. :)

way to jump out of your comfort zone!

cheers
j

pb said...

I swear I didn't think any of y'all noticed Danny and I picking our noses and farting while sitting at the table. And to think I thought Amy had everybody rapt attention at that point.