Thursday, March 15, 2007

Sleep Wanted

Josh worked until 4am this morning. I don't sleep when he isn't here, so I am very tired today. While I was killing time in the wee hours of the morning, I wrote two posts, neither of which will ever see the light of day. I was blathering on about things, but by the time I finished writing it out, I felt so much better about things that they no longer needed to be said. This morning, I'm all out of material and coherent thinking, so I leave you with two videos.

Doing Math the BubTar way:

My favorite part is the way he counts his fingers with his face. :)

And a combination video of KayTar's weird eye thing and pure cuteness. In the second segment, she does the eye thing again towards the end, while we discuss "Fun". In the first segment, it doesn't quite capture the fact she isn't looking off to the side on purpose...but she isn't. It doesn't quite capture the oddness of the in person experience, but it is better than nothing.



Christy suggested maybe it is a tic rather than nystagmus. That seems plausible because it really doesn't resemble nystagmus much at all, except that it is involuntary eye movement. Who knows? I surely don't. But it is weird and happens way too often for us to not know what it is. I just want the doctors to see it in person and determine if it is anything that matters. We see it 15-30 times daily on a normal day, sometimes more. We can only see it when she is still and looking in our direction, which is a small percentage of the day, so it is probably happening more often. It happens through the day, I haven't noticed any pattern to it. Every so often, there they go again, off to the side. Sometimes it happens several times in a row. Sometimes once. I'm hoping its nothing. But the fact that it is a new development of any kind, just makes me want to make sure the doctors understand what is happening and can tell us if its anything or not, so we can get it off our plate of things to think about.

MRI is tomorrow. Wish us luck.

6 comments:

Girlplustwo said...

good luck!

i think they are incredibly beautiful.

OhTheJoys said...

Good luck!

Vicky said...

You certainly do have beautiful, bright children! I can't believe how big BubTar's eyes are...

I've been reading your blog for a few months now and just as an outsider, looking at the video you posted today, she has really grown up a lot and made a huge amount of progress. It may please you to know that as a stranger, I understood all of her words - normally a toddler's mum understands the kids much better than other random people!

I do hope that your MRI goes well tomorrow and that you have good results that will give you peace of mind, and that the doctors will be able to reassure you about the eye thing, too.

She is a delightful little girl, as bright as a button.

Sonia Wetzel Photography said...

BEST wishes! I'm thinking of you tomorrow morning during the wee hours of the buttcrack of dawn. I KNOW how you hate early mornings, I hope it's not horrible for any of you. And yes, they gas him first so that he's *out* before they go putting the IV in his hand. It's SO. NICE. Bugga hates the IV's too, and wakes up and before he can even open both eyes, he's tearing at it. I can't imagine how hard it would be to put it in while he's awake. I'm SO sorry your hospital doesn't do that. Maybe you can ask for gas? Seriously! ASK!! I'll check back tomorrow to see how you're doing.

NotSoSage said...

Thinking of you.

You're kids are both so wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you today.

Thanks for the wonderful videos. So cute.