Thursday, August 14, 2008

Blank.

The box is blank.

The cursor blinks.

I sit.

I type.

I delete.

The kitten climbs into my lap and pounces on the keyboard.

I start.

I stop.

I start over.

I stop again.

KayTar needs more Pediasure, BubTar needs a snack.

Blink.

Blink.

Blink.

I walk away.

Laundry.

Groceries.

Board games.

Phone calls to his school, her school, my school.

More calls to the insurance company and mechanic.

Emails to the pediatrician.

I sit again.

The cursor mocks me.

Blink.

Blink.

Blink.

And the box is still blank.

12 comments:

S said...

i just wrote about this. i used many more words than you did. and conveyed less!

motherbumper said...

yup - understood and it's contagious because I've got it too.

Kristin said...

This would be the perfect time to send you a card from the "blank inside" section.

I'd write "Sorry you're feeling so blank inside."

(It's from a comedian, Brian Regan)

flutter said...

I get it.

Aliki2006 said...

But you filled it!

Junie's Blog said...

oye! I hate that . . .

InTheFastLane said...

YES!!! I have this!!!

crazymumma said...

Blank is okay. Embrace it.

Now you wanna slap me up a bit for saying that. I was trying ot be all zen and its just irritating really.

tell you what. Tell us about.....your most embarassing moment.

painted maypole said...

not blank any more!

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel *any* more inspired..I left you a bloggy award at my spot:
http://treesflowersbirds.wordpress.com/2008/08/13/kickin-it/

Mad said...

It happens. You take a break. It comes back.

Chaotic Joy said...

Ha. My blogging story for the last several months. Nothing to say, but I still don't want to stop.