Monday, June 01, 2009

Things KayTar says...

While looking through my anatomy textbook with me :
"Oh! Its like a computer that you can turn the pages!"

After being told that I need some quiet time to make business calls:
"FIRST get me Pediasure and cartoons, THEN make your business calls."

When getting creative with song lyrics:
"I like to poop it, poop it!"

And the hit sequel...
"P-p-p-poopoo face, p-p-poopoo face!"

On familial relationships:
"Daddy is my favorite! Mommy, you can have BubTar."

"Daddy is the prettiest! Mommy, you can be the awesomest."


After incorporating "ain't" into her vocabulary, I asked her where she learned that word:
"I ain't gonna tell you."

When having her blood pressure taken:
"It is hugging me because it is full with loooove."

As I'm buckling her into her carseat:
"Hey baby, wanna go for a ride?"

On wardrobe:
"You're a farmer and I'm a princess." (what?) "You wear (with disdain in her voice) JEANS. And I wear (with a soft and dreamy voice) dresses! That's why I'm a princess and you're a farmer."

On medical ethics, namely "First do no harm.":
"Well, when the nurse poked me with that needle? That hurt. She HARMED me."

At random times:
"Mom, you're an ol' coot!"

16 comments:

Jaden Paige said...

LMAO at the Farmer/ Princess. She is just a riot!!

Christina said...

Oh my - you must be giggling all day long with running commentary like that! And to think when I first started reading she wasn't talking yet. That girl is making UP for lost time :-)

tierd said...

Those are GREAT! Love the farmer and princess rationale - she is a doll!

Janet said...

I get that pants/dress thing daily from E., too. So i can't be a pwincess. That's cool: did you eat today? Thank a farmer.

Becca said...

What a character! How funny!

moplans said...

you guys are so cute.
I want to teach my kids to say 'lets go for a ride!'

S said...

"She HARMED me."

I love it!

Beck said...

HAHAHAH.
The Baby will also only wear dresses because pants - and you'll know this through your medical studies - makes you turn into a BOY. It's TRUE. Science!

natalie said...

I almost wet my pants. KayTar is sure the entertainers!

This was M's comment today. She's been so sick lately---nasty cough, drippy nose, low grade fever, pink eye.

"I'm coughing all the time andthat interrupts my talking!"

~aj~ said...

This is the post I've been waiting for! That KayTar is just a RIOT! :oP

The fact that she thinks you're an ol' coot farmer absolutely cracks me up. Love that girl.

Chrissy said...

She is a trip. It's so good that you're writing these things down. i always think i'm going to remember things like this, and they fade so quickly.

Gretchen said...

THANK YOU for sharing! I adore hearing her KT-ism's! I wish you had them all on video :)

InTheFastLane said...

She is hilarious!

painted maypole said...

she's a funny girl!

Mimi said...

OMG, I'm a farmer too. Sigh.

Velma said...

She reminds me so much of my son! They can't communicate when they are young, and then they make progress and it turns out they've been listening all along... and are smart little buggers! :)