Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sick, sick, sick.

Man, have I been sick! It started Wednesday night, I went to be feeling a little more tired than usual, that aching kind of tired, but I slept well enough. In the morning, I had a low grade fever and body aches. It was still manageable with a little ibuprofen and coffee, though. By Thursday evening, I was in pain and my fever was rising, so once the kids were in bed, so was I. I shivered and shook all night, terrible muscle and joint aches, a massive headache, night sweats and chills. It was awful. When Josh's alarm when off on Friday morning I asked him to take the day off (which I don't think I've ever done). He stayed home and took care of the kids and I spent the entire day in an unconscious, feverish haze. I was really incapacitated and I can't remember the last time I was this kind of sick. I lost an entire day! By Saturday, I finally felt well enough to get out of bed for small periods of time and this morning I feel ALMOST back to normal. Whatever it was, I do not recommend trying it! I really had no other symptoms, no runny nose or congestion, no cough, no GI symptoms, no sore throat...just the fever and pain. I'd take a round of strep over that any day.

Of course, KayTar started running fever yesterday, so I'm really hoping that if it is the same thing, it doesn't hit her as hard as it hit me. It was rough! She and I will be sitting out of the Easter festivities today, but the boys will bring up lots of goodies to ease our pain.

Hope you are all having a very happy (and healthy) Easter today!

16 comments:

Ben and Bennie said...

We had a similar virus hit us back in December. A wicked little bug! Glad you're feeling better.

S said...

sounds like the flu, maybe? the true flu?

Vicky said...

Yep, it sounds very like you have proper influenza, not "the flu". It comes on fast, hits hard and incredibly painfully and leaves just as rapidly, leaving you like a wet rag.

Please rest as much as you can over the next few days as it does take a week or so just to get back to full strength.

motherbumper said...

You'd rather have Strep - now that is a serious SERIOUS statement, ouch you must have been in pain. I hope you are feeling even more better today and Happy Easter (you have lots of chocolate, right?)

Laura said...

That virus has been around here too! Hope you feel better soon.

Happy Easter to you and your family!

Hey! I have a give away on my post to help cheer you you - hope you enter!

Niksmom said...

Sending you an easter basket full of good health wishes!

~aj~ said...

I was starting to worry about you. That just sounds HORRIBLE!!!

So glad you're mostly better now and I'm certainly hoping KayTar doesn't get it next.

Happy Easter to all the Tars!

Woman in a Window said...

ugh, what a time to be sick. Think of all the chocolate you're not gorging on...like me.

flutter said...

BABE! seriously you all need a break from the ick

painted maypole said...

no fun. get well soon!

Becca said...

Oh yuck! Glad you're feeling better! I hope Kaytar is feeling better too.

Jaden Paige said...

I'm so sorry you were sick for all of the festivities! Boo, hiss!

Hope everyone in the Tar household is feeling up to snuff today!

Gwen said...

man, you had it bad. i'm sorry. and twitter today makes me think that all is still not well in tar-ville. begone you evil sick germs!

Beck said...

We had that! IT truly, truly sucked.
Get all better now.

InTheFastLane said...

Hope you are feeling better!

jo(e) said...

I hope everyone is feeling better!